Data Analysis Consulting Support
Research area CIBSS-D provides support for questions concerning the statistical and bioinformatic analyses as well as for mathematical modelling.
This specifically covers the following topics:
- Selection of appropriate statistical tests and bioinformatics approaches
- Statistically valid consideration of biological and technical replicates
- Proper consideration and handling of missing values
- Data transformations like e.g. ranks or logarithms
- Statistical study design considerations
- Sample size calculations
- Feasibility and requirements for mathematical modelling
- Inspection of analysis pipelines
- Common pitfalls
These questions are intended to be done as service within CIBSS by few personal discussions. Elaborate issues, especially analysis and modelling of data, as well as the development custom computational approaches are intended to be done as common collaboration projects.
Prof. Rolf Backofen (Sequencing)
Prof. Jens Timmer (Mathematical Modelling)
Dr. Clemens Kreutz (Proteomics, Statistics, Mathematical Modelling)